Colleges, universities, research institutes, and labs have diverse compute-intensive analysis requirements. Yet in many departments, limits on computing resources constrain the scope, scale, and accuracy of important research. Internal attempts to eliminate these constraints often result in wasted resources and distraction from primary goals.
Digipede Grid-Enables Academia
The Digipede Network distributed computing solution changes the academic research scenario dramatically. Our grid computing software not only enables you to get more out of your existing resources, but also does so without the complexity of home-grown systems or the high expense of other commercial solutions. Learn more about the Digipede Network.
At Digipede Technologies, we also recognize the role of university research in improving the usefulness of our software. We're committed to close relationship with the academic community in a number of ways:
- We work with researchers at leading universities to find significant new applications for the Digipede Network distributed computing solution.
- We encourage collaboration between our staff and our academic partners—not only in computer science, but also in any department with significant computing requirements.
- We provide student internships in both computer science and other fields with significant computing requirements.
- We offer significant academic discounts in licensing our distributed computing software to students, faculty, and staff with valid ID from qualified institutions.
Recent Examples of Digipede in Academia
- A leading research lab in Switzerland uses the Digipede Network to scale out a bioinformatic search application delivered as a service through its Web site.
- An American university uses the Digipede Network to increase the throughput of genetic algorithms for radio antenna design.
- At a recent e-Science workshop, participants learned how the Digipede Network can increase the throughput of high-energy physics analysis.
Contact Us to Learn More
To learn more about the ways in which your academic institution can work with Digipede, please contact us. We'll be glad to discuss your organization's particular objectives and technical infrastructure, and then recommend best next steps.